Having trouble choosing which shade to try why not try them ALL!
You need the protection only a lip balm can provide. But you want the full color coverage of a lipstick. Why compromise? Our lipstick combines lip-quenching botanicals with rich pigments to give you all the benefits of both! Goes on smooth for long-lasting color.
- Product Details
- Contains certified organic ingredients like sunflower seed oil which penetrates and moisturizes lips, cocoa butter which protects your lips, and sesame seed oil to heal and soften.
- CERTIFIED gluten free
How are the samples packaged? We take slices of the actual tube of lipstick and package them. It may not be "pretty", but it's the most accurate way to show the color. Some companies create sample batches, so the color difference between the sample and the batch may be a little off. Our method ensures the sample you get will match the end product. Plus you get lots of uses out of our sample so you can be sure you're happy with the color.
* CURRENT IN-STOCK COLORS AVAILABLE FOR SAMPLES
- Product Shades
KEY: M = matte F = slight frost S = slight shimmer
Please keep in mind that 5 people can be asked to describe one shade, and each will come up with a different verbal description. We did our best to describe these colors.
- Bombshell – M; light to medium neutral mauve/rose with pink undertones
- Burlesque – S; medium raspberry with pink undertones
- Bermuda - M; medium coral pink
- Calliope - M; medium neutral mauve with brown/red undertones
- Cherokee – M; medium neutral mauve with warmer brown undertones
- Darla - M; medium rose with brighter pink undertones
- Desire – M; medium brick red
- Dream – S; light neutral pink with rose undertones
- Goddess – M; medium berry with wine and blush undertones
- Heirloom - M; classic pink mauve neutral
- Queen Bee – M; our first signature red
- Risque – M; medium to deep red wine
- Romance – M; medium neutral mauve with red undertones
- San Francisco – F & S; a cross between pink and peach with hints of rose
- Seduction – M; a true neutral rose/mauve shade
- South Beach - M; bright coral with red undertones
- Sweet Pea - M; vibrant medium pink with subtle rose tones
- Swizzle -
- Thoroughbred – M; neutral brown/pink nude
- Tuscany - S; light to medium pink / span rose
- Valentine – M; true medium pink
- Vintage Merlot – M; deep berry red wine
Ingredients: Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil*, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil*, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil *, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax*, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter+, Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme) Oil, Tocopherol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenethyl alcohol. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), CI77491, CI77492, CI77499, CI 45410.
* = certified organic ingredients
+ = certified Fair Trade
Samples are awesome!
Posted by Rebekah South on 25th Nov 2019
Let me just say that offering samples of ALL their lipstick colors is absolutely ingenious! I’m always hesitant to buy expensive lipstick without trying it first. But, Honeybee Gardens has figured out a way to take away that frustration for me! I found colors I didn’t expect to like. Now I just have to decide what full sizes to buy....
Great way to try out shades
Posted by Unknown on 2nd May 2019
It is great that there are so many choices. I thought I had a good idea about which ones I was going to like and which ones I would dislike. I was very surprised by how beautiful each color is in person. There are a few colors I never would have considered, and am now planning on buying a full size version. I have really enjoyed trying out a new color each day. The one negative I have has to do with packaging. I found it quite difficult and a little messy to try and get the product out of the tiny plastic bags.
Beautiful natural colors
Posted by Unknown on 18th Mar 2019
I love that this lipstick doesn’t change color on my lips and the colors look so good
Great Color Collection
Posted by Shonna on 21st Jan 2019
The lipstick sample kit was a great way to not only try the new product but also play with the many different colors that are offered. The samples are a bit messy to work with, the only reason for the lower rating, but the quality of the product is amazing! The lipsticks are all so creamy and light weight. They are very moisturizing and have improved the surface area of my lips just with use! The pigmentation is very saturated and the color seen on the sample is the exact color that appears. The samples are also a generous size, enough for a few applications each color to really get an idea if you like the color or not. I don't often wear a true "lipstick" as I am more of a tinted balm kind of girl, but for those that love color, would highly recommend this product. Once I pick my top couple colors, I will be purchasing the full size lipstick.
Dedicated to finding lipsticks that I love that are beautifully natural and non toxic- this is a good way to explore!
Posted by Jenny on 30th Nov 2018
A great way to try out all the colors. Each swatch is enough for a few reapplications. Easiest applied with a small lipstick brush, a bit hard to get into the baggies because you have to tip them to really get at the product, thus not lasting as long but overall if you’re indecisive like me, it’s a fun way to try different colors and to decide. For example, I learned Bermuda doesn’t work on me though I thought it would and Tuscany was a surprise hit! I am doing swatches that I hope to share. I do think $8 would be a more reasonable price point but overall happy! Also, could be a fun deal to pay more, say $20, and then get to choose one full sized lipstick once you’ve tried then, similar to a deal Sephora used to have for fragrances.
Love the options
Posted by Angie C. on 18th May 2018
The ONLY reason I listed these samples as a 4 is because it's difficult to get out of the pack without getting it all over your fingers. I do LOVE having all the options and the colors that I didn't think would look good on me turned out to be fantastic. My suggestion for the company is to include a small lipstick brush with the set or that the buyer get one herself.
Posted by Kimberly on 9th Feb 2017
This is a great way to try out the eye shadows before buying the full size.
Posted by Janice Swiderski on 12th Jan 2017
Nice way to decide which shade is best. Price a bit high though. Maybe separate the lighter and darker shades and split the price.